Georgetown Animal Hospital Offers Preventative Care For Pets
Veterinarians provide a number of preventative measures for pets to reduce the risk of certain problems that can affect their health. At Georgetown Animal Hospital in Georgetown, OH, we offer a full range of preventative care to help pets stay healthy.
Understanding the Importance of Preventative Care
Human medicine has understood for many years that preventative measures can help to preserve health and extend lifespan. The same is true for animals. Veterinary medicine provides several medications and vaccines that prevent infectious diseases, parasites, and other problems that affect animals’ lives. These measures can be particularly important for young animals, older animals, and those dealing with ongoing health issues.
Basic Preventative Care Measures
Annual visits to the veterinarian are much like humans' annual checkups. The vet will give your pet a thorough physical examination and answer any questions you may have about caring for your pet. During the pet checkup visits, we will advise you on a variety of health issues:
- Spaying or neutering prevents the births of unwanted litters and also helps your pet avoid reproductive cancers.
- Dental care is important to ensure normal feeding, so your pet can get the nutrition he or she needs. It also prevents bacteria from migrating to the internal organs, which can lead to illness.
- Parasite prevention such as flea and tick control is used to eliminate intestinal parasites. Heartworm testing and medication are important measures that help keep pets thriving.
- Keeping vaccinations updated prevents your pet from contracting common infectious diseases that can be transmitted from one animal to another.
- Microchipping implants a tiny device under your pet’s skin, which contains a number that corresponds to your contact information. It will help return your pet to you quickly if he or she is lost.
Talk To Our Veterinarian About Your Pet’s Needs
Our vet can provide advice on the best ways to protect your pet’s health at every stage of life. Whether you have a young kitten or puppy that needs de-worming medication or an active animal that needs protection from outdoor pests and parasites, preventative care can help to avoid many common problems and keep your pet healthy for years to come.
Make Georgetown Animal Hospital Your Veterinarian For Preventative Pet Care
Our team at Georgetown Animal Hospital works hard to deliver quality veterinary care to each of our patients in Georgetown, OH. We offer many services for pets, including vaccinations, dental care, microchipping, diagnostics, surgery, and laser therapy. Call our team today at (937) 378-6334 or reach us through our website by using our online contact form.